The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Soulpancake

So I recently discovered an incredible book.  It’s called Soulpancake and Rainn Wilson is one of the co-authors of this amazingly reflective text.  At first sight, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical.  I thought, “Soulpancake?  What will they think of next?”  When I heard Rainn Wilson helped come up with it, I thought, “Oh my, this ought to be interesting!”  Don’t get me wrong, I like Rainn Wilson.  He’s quite the character, especially in his Role as Dwight Schrute on NBC’s The Office.  But never in a million years would I have considered him the reflective type.  Turns out, he’s quite the reflectionist (I just made that word up) :)  and the book is an incredible piece of literature in my opinion.  It challenges us to think to tangle with some really deep stuff.

“Soulpancake is a movement to chew on life’s big questions.  It’s a space to tackle art, philosophy, creativity, and spirituality.  And ultimately, Soulpancake is about you—the thinkers, artists, poets, and misfits who seek to stamp out stigmas, shake up truths, and redefine what it means to be human.”

Today, I think most of us sometimes forget that we are human.  We live in a fast-paced, technologically advanced, and insanely connected global community which sometimes makes us perceive that we are completely invisible and definitely knowledgeable about anything and everything.  The truth is, we aren’t.  And there are some tough questions out there that we are selves should reflect on from time to time.  From fun questions like “Why is music so powerful?” to the life-changing questions such as “If you only had one hour left to live, how would you spend it?”, it's important to wonder and engage our curiosity, in an effort to fully discover who are in this great big world of ours.

That being said, this post goes out to Rainn Wilson, Devon Gundry, Golriz Lucina, and Shabnam Mogharabi.  I’m going to dig into Soulpancake and “Chew on lifes’ big questions.”  I really want to know what it is like to be human because I am one and I believe once we all know that, we start living, and help others to do the same.  Thanks for creating such a cool concept and allowing me the opportunity to not only think about life’s big questions, but also to learn a little bit more about myself, who I am, and where I fit into the story of life.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment