The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

"Look up in the sky..."

"Look up in the sky..." is so much more than a Superman catchphrase.  It's a way of life.  One of the most important things I've learned thus far as a father is that we were born to look up.  We were meant to "keep our chins up" and reach for greatness.  My daughter, Ava, taught me this just a few weeks after she was born.  While cradling her in my arms, day or night, I noticed she was always looking up.  In light or darkness, she was always looking up at me and beyond with her baby blue eyes.  It was a reminder that we should always look to the stars, no matter what.

So, I just want to encourage you to "Look up in the sky..."  It can be a challenge, especially when things aren't going your way.  I've struggled with it a lot.  However, we must remind one another (especially our youth) that we were born to look up, in both times of light and darkness.  We were meant to experience both extremes so that we might learn who we are, what we were made of, and what we can accomplish.  "Look up in the sky..."  Greatness awaits.


Picture of Ava captured just after her baptism by my brother-in-law, Chris Holmes.  One of my favorites.  I love the lessons Ava's taught me thus far and look forward to the many more.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture too. One of the things I remember about my dad is his telling us to Keep Your Chin UP. When things looked rather bleak he would take our face in his big calloused hands and point our face to the sky and say "Keep your chin up everything will be okay." He seemed to always be right things would work out. When you have your chin up you have to look up. Keep your eye on the prize don't they say. Great advise TJ look to the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'm a big fan of "Keep your chin up" too.

      Delete