The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Lessons from Superman - #5

A lot of people ask me why I love Superman so much.  As I've mentioned in my talks, it's because he humbly seeks to do good in the world using the many talents he possesses.  It's something I believe we all should do.  Below is proof from the comics that this is what Superman is all about (and although he says, "I love being me," I see that as a humble confidence.  Something we should all strive to have within us).

"I know it's somewhat immodest to say this, but I love being me!  There's a little ego in that statement, sure--but this isn't about me feeling self-important or better than anybody.  It's about the sheer joy of being able to make a difference in this world.  Of helping people.  Doing the right thing.  Sure, it helps that I'm...what do they like to say?  'More powerful than a locomotive.'  But my true power comes from what my parents taught me: that life lived in compassion, in service to the greater good, is the best of all possible lives."

There you have it.  Wise words from a Superman comic.  The truth is, we can find wisdom in anything.  We just have to look a little harder, dig a little deeper, and find the meaning in things.  In closing, I leave you with one more quote from the Adventures of Superman issue #2.  I often say in my talks that we can all be superheroes.  This quote proves that statement as well.  A man says to Superman:

"The colorful costume, the incredible powers--that's all window dressing!  It's not what you do...it's who you are!  You're the embodiment of the very best in us!  Our inspiration to strive harder and aim higher.  I understand now...in a way I never have before--that we're all...each and every one of us...Superman--if only we'd realize it."

Realize that you are indeed super and you have a worthwhile contribution to our world.  "Up, up, and away" my friends!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment