The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Monday, June 6, 2011

You know who’s awesome?! - #4

This gal:



That’s my Mom there in the middle.  Number 482.  My sister and brother-in-law are there running with her in this picture.  Yesterday she turned 60 years old and the day before, she ran the Dam to Dam 20k race (12.4 mi).  Yeah, she’s pretty awesome.

Last December, during a holiday gathering, my Mom encouraged members of my family to run the Dam to Dam race with her.  She was determined to run the race the day before her 60 birthday and on Saturday, she did just that.  In honor of her run and all those who joined in on her endeavor, she donated funds to a local charity in Pella, IA.

I’m just so proud of her and I feel fortunate to call her Mom.  She has been such an incredible, wonderful, mother to myself and all of my siblings that I think it is safe to say that we all aspire to be half the parent that she has been to each of us.

Part of what makes her so wonderful is that she constantly sees the best in people and she always presents herself in such a caring and nurturing way.  Whether you need a good laugh, someone to listen, or a shoulder to lean on, my Mom would be there for you, even if she met you for the first time 30 seconds ago.  She’s that awesome.

So I just want to send a shout out to my Mom today.  The one who tells me everyday to remember who I am and where I come from.  The one who constantly supports me and encourages me to do my best.  The one that can always give me a hug and suddenly I know everything is going to be alright.  The one that tells me she is proud of me.  And the one who appears as a beacon of light to so many people in this world, both friends and family.  You’re awesome Mom and I love you very much!

Happy Birthday and congratulations once again!  I can’t wait to see you.  And remember who YOU are.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment