The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 51 - Admit Something...

Day 51 - Admit Something...


I'm just going to lay it out there.  I struggle with insecurity and self-esteem.  And you know what?  That's alright.  

You might be asking yourself, "seriously?  You're ok with that?"  Yep.  The truth is: I'm human.  I'm not perfect.  No one is.  And the more I continue acting like I am, the worse things get.  So, yeah.  I struggle with insecurity and self-esteem.  I'm not afraid to admit it.  There are reasons both internally and externally that cause these struggles for me--reasons that frustrate me all the time and that need to be resolved.  So, it's time to start looking those frustrations in the eye, stair them down, and kick 'em out.  It's time to "admit something" and overcome.  

Reading the following tonight really brightened my day: "Consider it beautiful."

That's right!  You read that correctly.  "Consider it beautiful."  Insecurity.  "Consider it beautiful."

"Insecurity--vulnerability of spirit--is essentially humility, which is a divine quality.  In fact, since pride is considered to be the origin of sin (Saint Augustine), then humility would be the greatest spiritual virtue.  With insecurity, we admit that it's not all about us, and that philosophy in this world of self-centeredness is quite lovely." ~ Therese J. Borchard

Wow.  A feeling I find to be revolting, embarrassing, and disgusting was completely changed after looking at it from a different lens.  I'm human.  And I make mistakes.  We all need to remind ourselves of that sometimes.  

Are you insecure?  Do you struggle with self-esteem?  Is there something you're struggling with and need to admit?  I'm feeling pretty good about letting this out.  You know what I did?  I Googled it...and I'm not ashamed to admit it...

I found the following articles that I plan to really dig through, fight, and eventually knock out:


I have a lot of work to do to.  Is there something you need to knockout?  Is there something you need to admit?  Just take that first step, then pick up the gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment