The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 21 - List Your Top Five Favorite Song Lyrics

Day 21 - List Your Top Five Favorite Song Lyrics

We're going back to music again today.  You might see a couple songs from my top ten (eleven) "go-to" songs that I posted about on day 17.  Nevertheless, here they be:

I Need You - Relient K

"I've dug up miles and miles of sand searching for something I can't see.  And I've just got bruised and battered hands and a brand new void inside of me.  Complete with walls I did create, from all the earth that I've displaced.  A mess that I have made from what, I've just let pile and pile up.  I have not been abandoned, no I have not been.  Deserted and I have not been forgotten."

This is Your Life - Switchfoot

"Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead.  Yesterday is a promis that you've broken.  Don't close your eyes.  Don't close your eyes.  This is your life and today is all you've got now.  Yeah, and today is all you'll ever have.  Don't close your eyes.  Don't close your eyes.  This is your life, are you who you want to be?"

Simple Man - Shinedown (originally by Lynyrd Skynyrd)

"Well mama told me, when I was young.  Said sit beside me, my only son and listen closely to what I say, and if you do this, it's help you some sunny day...or take your time, don't live too fast.  Troubles will come, and they will pass.  You'll find a woman and you'll find love.  And don't forget that there is a someone, up above...Be a simple kind of man.  Be something you love and understand."

Slumber - Needtobreathe

"Days they force you, back under those covers.  Lazy mornings they multiply.  But glory's waiting outside your window.  Wake on up from your slumber, baby open up your eyes."

Superman (It's Not Easy) - Five for Fighting

"I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train.  It's not easy to be me...it may sound absurd, but don't be naive.  Even heroes have the right to bleed.  I may be disturbed, but won't you concede.  Even heroes have the right to dream...only a man in a funny red sheet, looking for special things inside of me."

No comments:

Post a Comment