The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Day 28 - What do You Collect?

Day 28 - What do You Collect?

There are three things that I collect(ed).  I say "collected" because one of them I no longer do.

What I used to collect: Legos.  Particularly all the Star Wars and superhero sets.  My favorite set of Legos would probably have to be this one:


The couple in the photo below are also pretty sweet.  One's a Darth Maul bust and the other is my medieval castle that I played with for hours and hours when I was a kid.


The reason I no longer collect Legos: because they got so expensive and there are SO MANY sets.  I'm not kidding you.  Within the last few years, Lego products have boomed.  There are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sets, Harry Potter sets, and they keep coming out with all sorts of Star Wars sets (even sets of ships and locations not in the films).  It just got insane.  So I backed off the Legos a couple years ago.

What I still collect are comic book movie posters and comic books.  I owe my movie poster collection to my mother-in-law Cindy Johns.  She puts in special calls to save them from our hometown movie theater.  Brittany and I have always talked about having a family movie theater room someday, so I'm anxious to display these posters in some "Now Showing" signs and change them in-and-out from month to month.  Here's a couple of the posters from my collection:



And lastly, my comic books.  I'll be honest, I don't have many rare ones, but I have a couple.  I have the first three issues of the Marvel Star Wars comics and a couple of rare TMNT and Superman issues.  I feel fortunate to purchase my comic books from Rob Rogers who owns Limited Edition Comics here in Cedar Falls.  A great guy, a great friend, and he cuts my hair incredibly well.  You're the best Rob!  

Here are a few of those rare covers:



No comments:

Post a Comment