The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Day 55 - Favorite Victory

Day 55 - Favorite Victory

In light of UNI's win over North Dakota State University (NDSU) this evening, I felt it was only appropriate to do a post on my favorite victory.  NDSU came to Cedar Falls tonight having the #1 ranking in the nation and a 33-0 win streak (which was the NCAA's longest active win streak in football).  They left the game with a 23-3 loss to my UNI Panthers.  It was incredible.  We haven't beat the Bison since 2009!  

Northern Iowa defensive back Deiondre' Hall, left,

Although tonight marks one of my favorite victories, I don't think anything can top this one:

UNI's 69-67 win over the No. 1 seeded Kansas Jayhawks in the 2010 NCAA Tournament
- March 20, 2010 -


I remember it like yesterday.  My wife and I were watching the game over spring break in our residence hall apartment.  We were incredibly skeptical going into the game, and as the game progressed, we became more and more tense.  The game was so close.  As the clock ticked down, we were thrilled to see ourselves keeping up with the No. 1 ranked team in the nation.  At the end, my wife and I were literally the only people in the residence hall.  We were jumping up and down, hugging each other and it was quiet possible that someone living on the other side of the building on the 4th floor could have heard us screaming.  From that moment on, our phones erupted with text messages and Facebook notifications.  It too was incredible.  

For those who may have never experienced this game or for those who might want to relive some of the incredible moments, tune in here:


I love underdog moments, and I love my UNI Panthers.  When residents of Iowa ask me, "Are you a Hawkeye fan or a Cyclone fan?", I say, "Are you crazy?  I'm a Panther fan."  There isn't no fan of Iowa or Iowa State more than UNI.  I'm a Panther fan through and through, and tonight, I continue being a proud Panther fan.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment