The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 17 - Your favorite memory

Goodness.  This one is tough.  I have so many!

-Crossing the finish line of the Twin Cities Marathon and greeting my family at the end.
-Being selected to the State Cross Country team.
-Visiting my sister and Chris when I was younger.
-Christmas at my Grandparents when I was little.
-Sitting next to Brittany on the bus to Cross Country meets.
-Finding out I was nominated for All State Speech in high school.
-Listening to my Mom over the phone when her story was published.
-Leading student leaders around Washington DC with the People to People program.
-Singing at St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome.
-Playing golf with my Dad at Bos Laden.
-Standing on top of Mt. Massive with my best friends.
-Fishing and hunting with my Dad and brothers.

The list goes on and on.  I’ve been really blessed in my life and I’m thankful for the memories that I’ve had.  What I’m thankful for the most though is my willingness to take a moment and capture a memory.   I have a plethora of images in my mind of last’s, first’s, and random moments of importance.  What I mean by this is, I’ve actually taken mental pictures of final performances in auditoriums, Christmas Eve skylines, and my dorm rooms prior to move in.  I have pictures of the places I visited in Europe and pictures of others during celebrations sharing a laugh and enjoying themselves.  Call me goofy, but I’m sentimental that way.  I think it’s important for us to pause every now and then, and capture our best moments in life.  As Ferris Bueller once said, “Life moves pretty fast.  If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment