The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 28 - Something that you miss

I miss the days when I would go cruising with my Brother-In-Law in his purple 1994 Ford Ranger. It looked a lot like this:



When I was young, my sister’s husband Chris would often hang out with me.  We’d play video games, build things out of Legos, and talk all things Sci-Fi (I’m pretty sure we still do all of this together to this day).

Afterall, it was Chris who introduced me to Star Wars, for which I am very grateful.  :)  During all those times we got together when I was little, our adventures almost always included us driving somewhere in his purple pick-up.  We’d go to movies, restaurants, and stores listening to 90’s music all across town.  We listened to the good stuff such as Blind Melon, Counting Crows, Gin Blossoms, Soul Asylum, Dishwalla, Primus, No Doubt, and The Presidents of the United States of America.  Good stuff!

Yep!  Those were the good old days.  I miss them a lot.  Yet I’m always thankful for having such an awesome Brother-In-Law whom I view as a brother and best friend.  :)  He was the perfect role model for me at the time, and continues to be as a father and husband.

Thanks Chris for being a hero in my eyes.  I’m forever grateful for hanging out with you when I was a kid, and I still enjoy spending time with you when we get the chance.  We may not have the purple truck anymore, but as far as I’m concerned, those moments still live inside me, and I get a little glimpse of them each and every time we are cruising together to this day.  :)  You’re awesome sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment