The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 27 - Your favorite place

Unfortunately, I cannot show you an outstanding photo of my favorite place, but I can show you glimpses of it through moments captured on camera.  This is my favorite place:












This is Get a Grip…this is my favorite place.  It was a youth leadership conference held at Iowa State University each summer.  I attended the conference for 7 years as a camper and counselor.  This organization truly formed who I am today.

My first conference was held in the Iowa State University Memorial Union Sun Room.  It’s the room displayed in the first 5 pictures.  To this day, whenever I go into that room, I close my eyes and I feel the energy that once consumed that room.  I feel the presence of campers, Bill, the music, everything…  I so badly wish I could go back and continuously relive those moments.  If I was trapped inside my own Groundhog’s Day, this is where I would want to be trapped.

Why is this my favorite place?  Because I felt completely safe there.  I could be exactly who I wanted, and who I was meant to be.  It was the world’s most positive place, and it was there that I learned with others the philosophy of YOGOWYPI.  I also learned to “live each day with a smile on my face, and love in my heart.”

I will always remember the things I learned at Get a Grip and it will always be my favorite place.

No comments:

Post a Comment