The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Friday, August 29, 2014

Day 12 - What Are Your Favorite Quotes?


Day 12 - What Are Your Favorite Quotes?

Boy, I have a lot of them!  Here are a few (you've probably seen a couple of these float up already through my Facebook page or in my blog).  Enjoy!

20. “I know how you must feel some days…like the weight of the whole world is pressing on you and there’s no one to talk to…no one to help you…when you’ll feel utterly and totally alone.  But when that time comes, you’ll know what do.” - Jonathan Kent

"How can I decide what to do with my life when I don’t even know who I am?  I feel like I’m walking in a dream, and nothing’s real, not even me.” - Clark Kent


“Then maybe the answer is to wake up.  There will come a day Clark, when for the very first time, you won’t have to hold back…a day when you can cut loose…a day when you can finally be who you truly are…you’re unique in all the world.  Extraordinary.  Not just 
any manand more than just man…a SUPER-man.  Live Clark.  Follow your passion.  Show the whole world what you can do.  Fly Clark…fly…” - Jonathan Kent and Clark Kent in Superman: Earth One

19. "I have wrestled with an alligator.  That's right.  I have wrestled with an alligator.  I have tusseled with a whale.  I've handcuffed lightning; thrown thunder in jail.  That's bad.  Only last week, I murdered a rock; injured a stone; hospitalized a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick.  Bad, fast!  Fast!  Fast!  Last night, I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch and was in bed before the room was dark.  Fast...You George Foreman...I know you got him, I know you've got him picked, but the man's in trouble.  I'm gonna show you how great I am!" ~Muhammad Ali

18. "...life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.  That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse.  What will your verse be?" ~Robin Williams as John Keating

17. "Everybody loves a hero.  People line up for them...cheer them...scream their names.  And years later, they'll tell how they stood in the rain for hours just to get a glimpse of the one who taught them to hold on a second longer.  I believe there's a hero in all of us...that keeps us strong...gives us strength...makes us noble...and finally allows us to die with pride..." ~Rosemary Harris as Aunt May

16. "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." ~Serious Black in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

15. "You have enemies?  Good.  That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill

14. "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.  It is a very mean and nasty place.  I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.  You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life.  But it ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.  How much you can take and keep moving forward.  That's how winning is done!" ~Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa

13. "Dreams save us.  Dreams lift us up and transform us and on my soul, I swear until my dream of a worl where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share, I'll never stop fighting.  Ever." ~Superman in Action Comics #775 (2001)

12. "Live each day with a smile on your face and love in your heart." ~Bill Cordes

11. "What we do in life, echos in eternity." ~Russell Crowe as Maximus

10. "Why to we fall, sir?  So that we might better learn to pick ourselves up." ~Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth

9. "Our destiny is not written on some book in the future.  We write it ourselves, everyday.  And the question is, what do we write next?" ~Tom Welling and Kristin Kreuk as Clark Kent and Lana Lang

8. "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight.  Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power, Green Lantern's light." ~Hall Jordan reciting the Oath of the Green Lantern Corp

7. "YOGOWYPI.  You Only Get Out What You Put In." ~Bill Cordes

6. "A hero can be anyone, even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a little boy's shoulder to let him know that the world hadn't ended." ~Christian Bale as Batman

5. "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul.  He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.  Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.  You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." ~Psalm 23 as Psalm of David

4. "The past: a place of potential promise and possibility.  We are the sum of our CHOICEs, as what we do now defines what we will do." ~Patrick Stewart as Professor X

3. "Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." ~Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller

2. "I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~William Ernest Henley

1. "Remember who you are." Kathryn Daugherty, my mother.

2 comments:

  1. I'm honored to be your number one quote. Humbled to be among so many greats. Remember Who You Are! LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always reminding me. Love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete