The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 2 - What is Your Name and Were You Named After Anyone?


Day 2 - What is Your Name and Were You Named After Anyone?

My full name is Torrence James Warren.  My mother gave me this name thinking it would be a strong president's name, but now I'm pretty sure both her and I don't wish that to be my career path in the future.  I can't say that I was named after anyone specifically.  My middle name, "James," definitely comes from within the family.  Otherwise, I think my Mom just named me "Torrence" as a way of paving the way for a future in politics. :)

When I was little, my mother used to call me "Tory."  I really didn't have a problem with it until I was in first grade and there was a girl named "Tori" in our class.  I was made fun of quite a bit for having a "girl's name." So one day, I came home from school and asked my mother if I could go by, "TJ" for "Torrence James."  It stuck!  Ever since then, I've gone by "TJ."

Many people have told me, "you have a cool name."  I agree!  Some have asked me, "why don't you go by Torrence?"  To be honest, I don't mind people calling me Torrence.  So, if you've like, feel free!

In doing a little research regarding my full name, I found some interesting stuff.  I didn't know that Torrence meant "from the craggy hills" or "watchtower."  Nor did I know Warren meant "protector" or "loyal."  I would say those meanings are pretty spot on, especially when it comes to the loyal part.  

If you haven't, dive into your name a little bit.  It's a great conversational piece too when you're interacting with others!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Torrence is a strong name for a strong man. James was my Mom's Dad's name. Erica was always going to be Erica after the Erickson. Jane was my mom's middle name. I think we have talked about this before if you had been a girl you would have had the name of Sloane Renee. Everyone in the family cheered that you were a boy. They all hated the girls name I'd picked out. Remember Who You Are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love Torrence and I too believe it's a strong name. And Sloane Renee...well...I just don't know what to say... :)

      Delete