The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12 Days of Thanksgiving - The 11th Day

On the 11th Day of Thanksgiving, I realized blessed to me,

11 Years of GAG

During my freshman year of high school, I attended a youth leadership conference called Get a Grip (GAG).  It was there that I learned the philosophies of “YOGOWYPI - You Only Get Out What You Put In” and “Live each day with a smile on your face and love in your heart.”  For seven summers in a row, I returned to this conference as a camp counselor to help others learn the philosophies, principles (Community, Respect, Accountability, & Choices), and everything else that is Get a Grip.  These principles have provided me with the skills to be successful today and there’s not a day that goes by that I do not think of Get a Grip and the tools that I have learned, and relearned at camp, year after year.  I am thankful for having the opportunity to have experienced such an outstanding conference at such a young age, and it has provided me nothing but endless opportunities to make the most of my days and to encourage others to do the same.

Thank you Mrs. Burkett and Ms. Baker for nominating me to attend such an outstanding conference!  Thank you Laurinda Smith for developing such an outstanding curriculum that has touched the lives of so many.  Thank you Bill Cordes for being an incredible leader for this program and an all time hero of mine.  And thank you to all of the Get a Grippers who attended the conference and continue to live by the principles that were taught.  It is you that will impact the lives of future generations and help make our world a better place.  “Get a Grip!  Get a Grip!  Get a Grip right, get on down!”

That's me, freezing time at Get a Grip! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment