The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12 Days of Thanksgiving - The 2nd Day

On the 2nd Day of Thanksgiving, I realized blessed to me,

2 Amazing Parents

Today, I’m thankful for my parents, Cliff and Kathy Daugherty.  They have been there for me through thick and thin, they always seem to have the right answer, and they raised me in ways that I am truly grateful for.  I know I wouldn’t me where I am today without their love, support, and encouragement.

So I want to send out a very special thank you to my parents, whom I will always cherish and hold dear to my heart.  I’m thankful for my Mom and Dad and for all they have done for me.  I love you both!

 
Some of my favorite moments with my parents include:

-The things they say.  Some of these phrases have typically drove me bonkers, but I value and enjoy them today:

“This isn’t a democracy!” ~Dad
“Thanks for the warning!” ~Dad
“You’re too young to be tired!” ~Dad
“Remember who you are!” ~Mom
“Is your heater-seater on?” ~Mom
“I can’t find my contact!  Oh crap, it’s in my eye!” ~Mom

-I remember my Dad picking me up from school because I broke my collar bone, humorous, and a rib while dunking a basketball at recess.

-I love hearing the story of pulling my mom’s hair while she was singing a Christmas carol with her brothers and sisters.

-I enjoyed seeing both of my parents at several of my concerts, athletic events, and shows.  I especially enjoyed seeing them at my very first keynote address at UNI.  :)  (That’s when the picture above was taken).

-I remember going camping and fishing with my parents when I was little.

-I always enjoyed our hunting and fishing excursions!

There’s so many memories I can talk about, and so many I will continue to talk about.  I’m thankful for them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment