The SuperTeeJ Motto

"In brightest day, in blackest night...", TeeJ will help others with all his might. And let those who CHOOSE to do what's right, be filled with success, and quite a sight.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

12 Days of Thanksgiving - The 6th Day

On the 6th Day of Thanksgiving, I realized blessed to me,

6 Years of Res. Life

As a resident in the residence halls for eight years, and a UNI hall coordinator and former RA, I am thankful for having had the opportunity to be a part of university residence life.  Leading students in the residence halls has been a very rewarding experience and I have met so many outstanding individuals along the way.  With each year of being a part of residential life, I have had the opportunity to create some outstanding memories and experience an enormous amount of personal growth.  I remember all the staff training and the bonds we all formed.  I remember all the discussions and conversations with residents about the challenges they faced and the solutions we had found together, as well as the joys they experienced during their time at UNI.  I also remember all the fun programs we planned and took part in.  And now, I have a great collection of memories from working in residence life.

Residence life has taught me a lot.  From colleagues and life lessons, I have learned how to listen effectively, respect and admire different lifestyles and cultures, lead and facilitate major programs, and to stand up for what I believe in.  To this day, I continue to learn, which is the greatest lesson that residence life has taught me.  We are forever learners in our ever-changing world and that inspires me each day, and I am thankful for the opportunity to learn something new everyday.

So thank you Noehren Hall Staff 2004-2005, 2005-2006, & 2006-2007.  Thank you Shull Hall Staff 2008-2009, 2009-2010, & 2010-2011.  And thank you to all the residents who I got to live with during those years as well.  You’ve all made an impact on me and you will continue to do so.  Ultimately, I am thankful for having your in my life.  Thanks residence life for providing me the opportunities to meet others and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment